Upcoming UMTR 2022 Race Dates at Edgewater:
- Quick Stick 7.50 to 11.99 ET (1/4 mile)
- Street Stick 10.50 to 17.99 ET (1/4 mile)
- Manual transmissions only. Lencos permitted. Hand/Arm shifted lever(s) only. No air or electronic shifters permitted. No clutch activated automatics or Brunos permitted.
- All cars must leave the starting line with a leg released clutch. Shifting without a clutch (clutchless) is permitted.
- No electronics are permitted in either class. No delay boxes, pedal magnets, traction control (factory or aftermarket), air release or hydraulic clutch line lock systems. Any device not meeting U.M.T.R. tech regulations must be disarmed by the vehicle owner and will be sealed by U.M.T.R. staff before any passes will be permitted. The seal must remain on the vehicle/device throughout the event. If any competitor is found to have an illegal device after a U.M.T.R. seal is applied, the penalty will be revocation of U.M.T.R membership, forfeiture of accumulated points and the driver will be banned from participating in U.M.T.R. events for the remainder of the season.
- Data acquisition, rev limiters and wheel line locks are permitted.
- All cars competing in U.M.T.R. events must comply with current N.H.R.A/I.H.R.A. safety requirements. Participating host tracks may require engine diapers or have other specific requirements. It is the responsibility of the participant to understand and adhere to track specific rules.
- All vehicles must pass Host Track Tech Inspection and U.M.T.R. device inspection before any passes are made. A U.M.T.R. official may place a colored sticker in the upper right-hand corner of the windshield after the car passes inspection. While in the lanes prior to the first round, any car without a sticker will not race.
- ALL competitors MUST wear a helmet.
- All participating tracks have strict provisions prohibiting the use of alcohol and/or illegal substances by any driver in competition. Any driver violating these rules will be pulled from further competition.
- A driver may race the same car in both race classes providing he/she meets rules for both classes.
- Once eliminations start you must drive the same car in all rounds.
- Participants will run on personal dial-in. Dial-in may be changed between rounds. Driver/crew is responsible to check the dial-in. Once staged, you must accept the dial-in.
- Bracket style eliminations will be used at U.M.T.R. points events. In most cases, pairings for eliminations will be done on a first round chip draw and a ladder will be used from second round to the end of the event. When a ladder is used, lane choice will be decided between competitors either by mutual agreement or coin toss. At events which do not use the ladder, pairings, lane choice and bye runs will be decided by host track personnel in the staging lanes.
- U.M.T.R. South urges staging courtesy. While not a rule, it is suggested that both competitors assure both have pre-staged before activating the bottom bulb (no double bulbing).
- It is every racer’s sole responsibility to make sure they are in the staging lanes in a timely manner. During eliminations, if you are instructed by track personnel to return to the lanes after your win and you return to the pits you will be disqualified.
- Only one bye run per car and driver per event. Unless the final 3 remaining racers have each already had a bye run, then the bye run will be determined by host track personnel, chip, or card draw.
- All competitors, regardless of membership, MUST sign-in at the U.M.T.R event trailer prior to making a time run. Immediately following the completion of time runs, a drivers meeting will be held at the event trailer. It is imperative that each competitor or a representative attend the meeting for first round pairing instructions and announcements. Failure to appear will result in a U.M.T.R official representing you. In that case, all decisions will be final.
- Any questions or complaint must first be brought to the attention of U.M.T.R. officials ONLY.
- Participants will not argue with track personnel for any reason.
- Annual Membership fees: $50.00 per class (required for points and contingencies)
- Entry fees:
- Quick Stick - $60.00 admits car and driver.
- Street Stick - $40.00 admits car and driver.
- Crew members will pay the host track spectator price.
- There will be no Entry Fee refunds once time trial has commenced.
- In case of Rain-Out, U.M.T.R. will work with the host track to attempt to re-schedule the event. Rain-Out re-admission/entry will be at the digression of the host track.
- U.M.T.R. will pay winner, runner up and semi-finalists.
- Payouts are calculated based on car count and any contributions from race sponsors.
- Payouts may include gift certificates and hardware from sponsors.
- Sponsors will determine distribution of any awards beyond U.M.T.R. payouts.
U.M.T.R. Points and Contingencies:
- Any stick shift car is welcome to participate in any U.M.T.R. South event. However, to accumulate points to receive end of year prizes and contingency awards you must be a U.M.T.R. South member. To compete for points in both classes you must pay the membership fees for each class.
- Each U.M.T.R. chapter will have its own points champions. Points toward the championships will only be earned in the chapter to which you are a member. Any driver can belong to more than one U.M.T.R. chapter during the same season. In the event of a tie, final points positions will be determined by number of event wins, followed by number of event runner-ups and so on.
- All rules are subject to change as circumstances may demand from time to time. U.M.T.R. will make every effort to give ample notice of any changes.
- In order to receive points and be eligible for ANY contingency event awards and year-end awards you MUST be a U.M.T.R. South member and be displaying all vendor decals on your race vehicle. All sponsor decals must be visible on both sides of the car (example fenders, doors, quarter panels). Both quarter windows and back window are also acceptable. This rule will be strictly enforced.
* Failure to display the sponsor decals will result in loss of contingency awards. Contingency awards will not be re-assigned. *
- In order to receive points, you must run your permanent U.M.T.R. number ONLY. If your permanent number is not on the track’s run sheets, you forfeit your points for that race.
- Point Schedule: (Note: ALL point rules are based upon a U.M.T.R. South member having brought their race ready car to the track, purchased a tech card, turned their tech card in to the host track personnel and be able to appear for at least one time run.
- 10 points will be awarded to any U.M.T.R. South member who brought their race ready car to the track, purchased a tech card, turned in their tech card into host track personnel and attempted at least one time run.
- M.T.R. South members will earn 5 points for every round in which they compete. Event winner gets an additional 5 points. First round loser will receive 15 points (10 show up points and 5 round points.)
- 1 point will be awarded for the best reaction time during eliminations per class.
- In case of an event Rainout that is not re-scheduled:
- If rainout is called before time runs and/or eliminations, 10 points will be awarded.
- A rainout during eliminations, points will be awarded for completed rounds only. 5 additional points will be awarded to the winners of the last completed round. No points will be awarded for future rounds. (i.e. Bye run)
NOTE: No printed rule book or guidelines can replace common courtesy and common sense. Responsible and professional behavior is expected and appreciated.
Use your NHRA 2022 RULEBOOK as your guideline.